I am fed up with my husband. He wants me to work.

Question: I am fed up with my husband. I am 27 years old woman, married for 2 years. He is supposed to take care of me and provide for me. He says I should work and also earn. I do not understand this as no woman in my family as ever worked. I take care of myself and spend my time in self care and with friends. I do not want to work. He says he will divorce me, if I do not contribute in earning and reduce my socialisation. I have no other financial support. What do I do?

Answer: It sounds like you are in a difficult situation and feeling trapped between your desire to maintain your lifestyle and your husband’s expectations. Here are some steps you can take to address the situation:

Seek legal advice: It’s important to understand your legal rights and options in the event of a divorce. Consider seeking the advice of a lawyer who specializes in family law.

Reevaluate your priorities: While it’s understandable that you do not want to work, it may be necessary for you to contribute to the household income if your husband is not able or willing to provide for you. Consider whether there are any part-time or flexible job opportunities that would allow you to maintain your self-care routines and social life.

Seek support from friends or family: If you are feeling isolated or unsupported, consider reaching out to trusted friends or family members who can offer emotional support.

Consider couples therapy: If you and your husband are having trouble communicating or resolving the issue on your own, consider seeking couples therapy. A trained therapist can help you both work through your feelings and find a solution that works for both of you.

Explore community resources: There may be community resources available to help you with financial assistance, job training, or other support services. Consider reaching out to local organizations or government agencies for more information.

Remember, it’s important to prioritize your own well-being and happiness in any situation. With the right support and resources, you can navigate this difficult situation and find a solution that works for you.

Click here to contact for a Personal Consultation Session with Dr. Ashish Sehgal

Similar Posts